Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Look For Less: Gold Bamboo Flatware


If you've been following our posts the past couple of weeks, you may have noticed our current love for black and white! Not a new concept...but lately we've been inspired with so many new applications.  I am eager and excited to use it in our pool cabana area of our new home.  But in the meantime we had so much fun incorporating it in our Stella & Dot trunk show and our Rapunzel's Closet window.  All this use of the bold combination got me thinking of what a fun tablescape it would make!  Since I now own the striped fabric I might as well use it!...Pair it with lots of accents of gold...my chargers, white dishes with gold rims, gilded coral candlesticks and shell accessories (and finally lots of sparkly crystal stemware and bunches and bunches of fresh white flowers) and you've got quite a dramatic, glamorous dinner table! As I brainstormed this vision in my head there was only one thing that was bothering me...the perfect touch to complete the look would be gold flatware, but I don't have any!  Out of curiosity, I googled "gold flatware" to see what I could find.  Low and behold, this beautiful set from Barney's!

 

While they are the perfect combination of gold and bamboo,  I cannot currently justify spending $125 per place setting.  With the move coming up and recently receiving plenty of gifts for our wedding (including my grandmother's beautiful silver and incredible Gucci (real) bamboo flatware!!) more forks and spoons is not a priority.  But as I continued on my google search I came across these:


Are these not the perfect Look for Less?!  I know I just explained how I did not NEED more flatware, but on sale for $39.95 for a 20 piece set, how could I possibly resist?  Now I can complete my vision for the bold black, white & gold tablescape!
Stayed tuned for dinner party pics when the table concept is brought to life!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That’s great collections of Sterling Silver Flatware. This sterling silver pieces are so adorable and unique wedding gifts for your loved one. I also feel very amazed to see these astonishing silver spoons and forks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. flatware sets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...