Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Luxe Decor: Greek Key

The greek key motif continues to be a strong current trend and yet is such a classic design element!  Being of Greek heritage and traveling to Greece at a young age, I've always had an appreciation for the greek key...my fondness grew as my love for design grew.
images via my pinterest

I love greek key detail incorporated in anything from architecture, to custom bedding and window treatments, to furniture! But there are also so many great accessories that make it easy to introduce a little of the classic ethnic flair into your home.
While trends come and go, it's comforting to know that despite how popular the greek key currently is,  we don't have to worry about it being passe...The greek key has been around for decades, and it's here to stay!

Accessories For Your Home

These beautiful lacquer trays would look great on a coffee table or a vanity to hold perfume bottles.
 
Rectangular Tray                                    Square Tray

My mom has these stunning hurricanes on her dining table...I've always wanted a pair of my own!

I'd love this rug for me den...But first a new house, and then the rug!
Navy Rug                                                    Grey Rug

You can never have too many throw pillows! It's the easiest way to change or add a little color and pattern in your home.
Bolster Pillow

I wouldn't mind curling up on the couch with this throw blanket!

Little touches like matches and cocktail napkins make a chic statement...

In Our Homes...
Vintage Faux Bamboo Gilded Mirror with Greek Key Detail in Lauren's Living Room

West Elm Wall Brackets and Caspari Napkins & Z Gallerie Glassware

Vintage Greek Key Tray and The Joy of Light Matches

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...