Friday, August 3, 2012

The Nursery Diaries Part Seven: Lucite Shelves

In my very first Nursery Diaries post, I discussed my desire to use lucite shelving in the nursery to add another clean, modern element to the room.  I absolutely love the look of lucite shelving...for anywhere in the house! It provides the perfect organization for a chic office space, adds glamour to a closet, and how amazing is the picture below of the thick shelving used in place of traditional kitchen cabinetry?!


 
Images via my Pinterest

 Christin and I both have small lucite display shelves similar to the above photo in our homes.

Christin uses her vintage shelves to display coral.




My Etsy find displays a pair of turquoise ginger jars.

I love checking E-Bay and Etsy often for vintage, thick lucite shelves. For reeditions, there are some great resources for affordable acrylic shelving.

I went with these shelves for the nursery from Plexi-Craft

Shelf with Brackets

Other great shelving options from Plexi-Craft:
Plexi-Craft has tons of other great pieces as well so check them out for your acrylic needs!  And they welcome custom orders, you can change the dimensions, thickness and curves of any piece.

My shelves actually came in last night, and I cannot wait to get them hung and accesorized with all of the sweet baby books and gifts we've recieved.  Just a few more weeks until the big reveal!



1 comment:

Jordan Cappella said...

The 3rd picture down. I designed the Lucite shelving in an office that was designed by Vanessa De Vargas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...